Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, September 12, 2016

Survival Files: He Still Makes Me Laugh!


People who have been married awhile can relate to real life and how marriage sometimes goes through stages where the busy-ness of life doesn't leave as much time for romance or laughter.

Sunday morning my husband and I were in our bathroom getting ready for church. I had showered and was sitting looking into my mirror while putting on my make up.

I mentioned to David that every morning when I sit and look at myself, it makes me think of the scene from "Return of the Jedi" when Luke helps Darth Vader take off his mask. Don't worry, I know I am much cuter than Darth Vader, it just was something that I thought kinda funny and I thought I would share with him since it was one of those rare times we were there getting ready at the same time.

My head looks a lot rounder without hair and it is just something that has passed through my brain. He laughed and went back to what he was doing. Not ten seconds later I hear KHEEEE... WHOOOO... KHEEEE ...WHOOOO with his best Darth Vader asthmatic breathing. (and he is a does a pretty good imitation) This cracked me up! I laughed with him and we went on with our day.

I have thought of that moment quite a few times since Sunday morning. I love that we can find something to make us laugh. And in this particular case, it has made me giggle every time I have thought of it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment