Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Blessings

I have been blessed in so many ways through this illness that there are no words to express how grateful I am. To those people who have blessed our children in amazing ways I want to say thank you! I won't name names here because I know they do what they do from their heart and because the children have bad days too, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Whether it has been time spent with them or gifts that are so special to them, thank you, thank you!

















For ME yesterday, I was given such a treat. My brother Johnse had heard about the group called "Cleaning for a Reason" who partners with local house cleaning companies that come out and clean for patients going through cancer treatment. They come once a month for four months. Today was the first day they came and they had their work cut out for them.

The local company is All Season's Cleaning who sent two angels out to my house. I have to brag on these two who had the wrong address to our home and got here behind but despite the confusion came and gave three hours of their time to make my house sparkle! I told them selfishly that my priority was my master bathroom because it is the last place I spend my time on since it is one of the places not everyone sees. Oh boy does it look wonderful!

I included here a picture of my master bath shower doors. We have extremely hard water and since we have moved in here almost three years ago I have been on Pinterest and Google and have tried all kinds of products and combinations to get the scum off of my shower doors with no luck. LOOK AT THOSE DOORS! I told her I couldn't thank her ENOUGH! She even gave me the secret! (as long as I promised not to give it away)!

What a treat! I was able to use my energy today on other things, like catching up with the garden and preparing for some canning tomorrow. The kitchen smells much better when there aren't tomatoes that are getting overly ripe! (or maybe I should be truthful and say some were rotting)

I was able to rest some today too which was nice. Tomorrow my brain work will be thinking birthday party plans for Saturday. We will be having two parties in one day. 7-year-olds from 1-3 p.m. and 14-year-olds from 6-10 p.m. around the fire pit. I love normal life, I am thankful for the things like people who come and clean so I can use my energy on keeping life normal around here.

Stacey was a little confusedTuesday night as I was trying to explain why the kids needed to clean up their stuff from every room of the house so the cleaning people could come. She finally got it "OOHHHH! So they are coming to do the things we do before Christmas Eve and Easter when everyone comes over to our house!" Yes! (so now the truth is out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment