Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Survivor Files: A Little Bit of Normal

Yesterday I ran a few errands, took a short nap to try to get rid of my headache, and worked concessions at the 10th grade football game. Oh how wonderful it is to feel normal.
My view from the concession window (we won by the way)

Today while you read this I am at the doctor getting through round number two. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks and I find myself loving the normal things in life.

Normal will look a little different as the fall goes on as I was reminded tonight. A few more hairs are on my hairbrush and no longer on my head. Thankfully the mouth sores that I acquired over the weekend aren't long lasting and those are gone. I will take all the good I can with the bad.

I counselled a couple of children and read to a couple of them before bedtime, I got a little impatient with a couple of family members and angry at one. All normal stuff. As always I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning. I will need them today. There are a couple of boys in my house that with need some homework help when they get home from school, and tonight there are piano lessons and soccer practice.

Resting my weary feet
I pulled out some of my journals from a long time back. I was sharing with one of my children who was struggling with a reason why to pray if things just keep on the way they are or get worse. I had to agree when the examples were Dad's work situation, my health and a few other things that I could say definitely have not gotten better.

God was so good to guide me right to the spot in 1999 when I was journaling about the very same thing. I shared what I was learning then and what I know now. Although it was one of those times when mom can't just make it all better, I do believe there was some understanding. I was looking into the names of God at the time and how they describe His character.

El Elyon is the God Most High. We don't know His reasons or His ways. I heard a great quote last night while I was listening to Dr. Jeremiah talk about suffering. He was reading from Hebrews 4:15 "If the sinless Son of the living God has to experience suffering so that He could identify with our suffering then we should not be surprised that we have to do the very same thing."

We are going to suffer, sometimes the suffering goes on a long time, or comes back. I don't get it, I have no way of explaining. I have received so much from Him in my life that I can't turn away and say He isn't being fair. He is more than fair and I am growing more than a conqueror because that is what He wants for me. It isn't easy to explain that to a child, but I pray that I can live it out so that they can see Him through all of this. So if you are looking for a specific prayer request today, pray that their faith can grow.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15

No comments:

Post a Comment