Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, August 1, 2016

A Quiet Weekend

This weekend was a little quieter that we have had. The girls left early Saturday morning for the middle school youth trip and then early Sunday morning Ryan left to head north to the boundary waters for a scout trip this week. I am excited to hear all about it because we had been hoping to take the triplet now as they have gotten older but my health has not given us the opportunity.

I did get a little sad on Saturday night when Ryan said good night. He and David would be leaving at 5:30 a.m. to meet the bus heading north. I would not be up to see them off since it is hard right now for me to do mornings at 8 a.m.!

I made it to church on Sunday and was able to teach in my Sunday school room. It reminded me why I love to be there. When we got home, there was some gardening that was long past due. I am not sure if there are many of the green beans that we will eat since they are all so big but I am working through them slowly today.

Zach and David working in the beans
Matthew worked hard and Zachary picked the least stressing job of sitting on the ground and catching the beans as David threw them to him. I took a few pictures while we were out there.


Matthew and Mom take a break in the shade after harvesting
the okra that was ready to pick.

Pondering the serious weed overgrowth

Trying to get the big ones out

No comments:

Post a Comment