Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Survival Files: I Have a Wig

The girls and I met my sister at the Jeffrey Scott Salon in Cedar Rapids. We didn't know what to expect. We brought our voucher from the group called Strands of Strength that is taking care of the cost of this endeavor. I will tell you something, I have been educated quickly through all of this about so many things!

There were a couple of women there getting their hair done and so we sat in the wig room and looked around, the girls and I wondering what was actually going to happen today. We were surprised at the expertise and how easy it was for him to measure my size and find a wig that was almost perfect to my color and cut.

As I had it on my head and he was explaining all of the ways I could wear it, my sister arrived. She was shocked at how natural it looked. We all were surprised. We saw how the wig is woven and that the material under the hair will show through whatever my natural scalp color is. These wigs look natural for any woman because our own skin color shows through the part.

If I wear it every day, he said bring it in for a washing once a month and every two months if I wear it less often. He also explained to me in great detail how to put it on and store it. It was actually kinda fun. Surprising to us, he boxed up the wig, we filled in the paperwork and we were on our way. It all happened so efficiently that we didn't have a chance to take any pictures. There will be more pictures once this becomes a regular part of my wardrobe I am sure.

As far as my week has gone? I can explain it quickly this way. I have felt since Tuesday that I am either coming down with something or getting over something. It is wonderful to report that I have not had to miss any of our planned events this week and I have had some down time to rest too. I have been taking my meds like I am supposed to and there are a few little things but overall, sleeping has been great. We are still staying up way too late rebelling against the fact that the summer is quickly drawing to a close.

Stay tuned, in upcoming weeks I can't wait to report on another "hair" adventure that has been developing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment