Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Friends and Gymnastics

Today Zachary and I took a trip up to Waverly so he could compete in his first two events in today's meet.  Tomorrow he will do his tumbling.  I have loved watching him grow as he has taken each challenge and shown how he can rise to the occasion each and every time.  

Today was no exception.  He did a wonderful job on his trampoline routine and came in second.  He was going through his double mini passes in his head knowing that at the last competition he got deducted on his pike jump.  He was going to stick it this time, I could see it in his eyes.

He did an amazing pike jump too.  In fact, he was so intent on that pike jump that he mis-gauged the amount of space on the trampoline and slipped off of the end.  He recovered beautifully though and didn't let it shake him. 

Of course it caused a pretty steep deduction though and it put him in 5th place.  He was disappointed for awhile, but he worked through the disappointment and will tackle it next time!  I am so proud of him.

It isn't only the determination that I see that makes me proud, it is how he is learning to interact with his friend, not just in video games but encouraging one another and cheering each other on.  I love these two pictures of the boys playing hard after a hard day's work at tumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment