|Ugh! Almost done but not quite!|
I had used this particular filament on two other projects long ago and thought when I decided to add a little pizzazz to this project that I would just use something that I had instead of going out and buying something new.
|Found some scraps|
I was blending it with some of the blue in the project to make part of it stand out a little more. If you see in the picture above, this is where I was when I officially ran out of my blending filament! UUUGGGGHHHHH! Not a happy moment. Good news is, I keep a small little metal container next to me every time I am stitching. I put all of my little ends and scraps of thread in it so that whenever I am far from a garbage can, I won't leave my trash behind. When my container gets full, I spread the contents outside around the house so the birds have small little lengths to use in their nests. It is a win win. ESPECIALLY in this situation.
|What I found in my tin to work with...not much but|
thankfully just enough!
See, If you look above, I was just a few crosses short of finishing the area that I needed the filament. The rest of the project was just the blue and I had plenty of that! Thankful for my little scrap tin, I dug around to find the tiniest of scraps of blending filament! Thankfully, I was able to finish this small area with two scraps (the longest was about three inches).
It took a little time and determination, but you can bet that I did not want to go out looking for matching blending filament for about 23 cross overs! I am glad that I keep my scraps and that I was able to use up something I already had on this project!