Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Friday From the Heart: Proud Mom

I have blogged a little bit about band in the past. Ryan is learning the drums along with piano and baritone. Now he has added the trombone. Dawn is playing the clarinet beautifully and has now added piano to her instruments.























The Vernon 6th Grade Band got chosen to go to Des Moines and play for the IBA Conference this year. It is a pretty big deal. From what I know, they don't pick just any band. They auditioned by sending in a recording and out of all, they were chosen.

The kids gave a send off performance in the gym at the school before getting in the buses and heading for Des Moines. I was so impressed with their hard work, the concert was so good. I stood there listening and thinking back to just last year when the fifth grade band was a little painful. They all have put in a lot of hard work and it was so great to hear!









They performed in Des Moines at about three in the afternoon and then enjoyed pizza and bowling before heading back home. It was a great day for them and there were a lot of stories to share last night before bed.

I am one of those cursed people who can never get good pictures of my kids at concerts or activities. No matter what the event, I happen to choose the seat right behind the director or the emcee and don't have a clear shot of my child. But I did have the great program to share. It was pretty clever and entertaining as well as informative!

There are a lot of things I love about having middle schoolers in the house. Music is one of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment