Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, March 1, 2019

Whoopsies!

I had to start my day today a little differenty than planned. Yesterday we went to Des Moines to watch the Indian girls win against Mason City to advance to the championship tomorrow night. North Scott will be our opponent and it will be a redo of two years ago and the girls really want to win this time!

I had a massage in the morning and had called in about a heaviness I had in my chest. Since we are going to be at Michelle's wedding next week, I didn't want to be dealing with any sickness on our trip. Well, true to form, in my hurry to get out of there and home to get the kids and meet Dad who was driving to Des Moines, I left without deaccessing my port!

It was right about 10 minutes into the trip when I noticed that my port was still accessed! I had walked out of the doc's office with a needle in my port! It was bandaged good into place so I wasn't worried about it but that is the second time I have done that. So, I got to go down to the oncology office this morning and have the nurse run the Heprin and take it out.

That is my life this week. It has been fun watching the girls play and they have not disappointed. One more game to go! The girls are staying in Des Moines for the week. Every game we get to meet the girls for a bit after the game. Its my favorite part. She is having so much fun and loving her chance to get in and play and encourage from the bench. I love getting her texts before bed. Its been a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment