Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Everything's Not Awesome

Following our lunch yesterday, I dropped David off to work and I went home for about an hour and a half. After blogging I laid down and dozed with my alarm on because the boys and I were meeting Betsy and cousins to go see the Lego 2 movie. The first one became a fast family favorite and so I was sure that I would enjoy the distraction. And, I hadn't been to the Marcus Theater since the recliners were put in. (And now I would have to say "why ever have I NOT?)

The theater did not disappoint, the movie definitely didn't disappoint (with the exception of one plot point that was not really believable). In fact, the movie ended up being quite the therapy. How catchy and fun (and slightly annoying after awhile) was the "Everything is Awesome" song in the first movie? I spent time laughing and to my surprise crying as it turned out. At one point when things seemed hopeless, there were new words to the song "Everything's Not Awesome" I am amazed at the way people can put music together, especially for kids shows and movies. Not ALL mind you, but many have been so clever. This is my favorite part:

My reclining feet


No everything's not awesome
Things can't be awesome all of the time
It's an unrealistic expectation
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try
To make everything awesome
In a less idealistic kind of way
We should maybe aim for not bad 
'cause not bad right now would be real great.

By the end I am laugh/crying as Dawn calls it because aiming for "not bad" because it would be real great right now was totally something I was relating to! The boys loved the movie and we talked all the way home about favorite parts and things that surprised them.

I am thankful that we weren't able to make it the last couple days so that the timing was just right for my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you had a bit of a bright spot. The recliners look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete