Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Look What I Found!


Oh look! I found my JOY! The other day I opened this drawer and found a Christmas plate obviously put in the wrong drawer. It made me giggle because I had recently been praying that God would help me get my joy back. It seemed simple but profound at the same time when I opened the drawer and was surprised that there staring back at me was the very word that I had been looking for!

The last month has been extremely heavy and although there have been heavy times through all of this, I haven't been long without joy when I ask. It all goes back to the faith question. Am I trusting? When I am trusting, there is usually joy and gratitude in even the little things doing what I love in my home and with the people I love.

A picture of Dawn bowling...with a
smile on her face. I NEVER thought I would
see that!
What a fun spring break we have had. The boys have been home all week and the triplets have been in and out as there has been work and the music trip. Yesterday we went bowling with Betsy and the cousins. I will say I was a little tentative when I got up til about half way through the first game. Would my body be okay giving it my all?

It was fun and I joked that I would probably spend the next three days in bed but it was great to get some exercise and spend some time feeling like a normal person and forgetting...actually forgetting that I am a cancer patient. That has got to be a good day! I ended the night by stitching and watching some of season 1 of Marcus Welby, MD. My family got the first two seasons for me for Christmas a couple years ago. It was the show my mom was watching when she went into labor with me in 1970. But that is an entirely different story.

I am really looking forward to Thursday and being able to
start a new protocol. I want to be moving forward. Joy helps that whole process too. So to report on the bowling...I was the only one who opted to play without bumpers so needless to say my score was a little lower but I got two strikes in the 10th frame so that was awesome!

Today I am celebrating JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment