Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Celebrating Art

A few weeks ago we received a note in the mail that one of Dawn's pieces of artwork would be on display at the Veridian branch by Target in town with some other classmates of hers. I told her I was really excited for her but she wasn't so sure. 

She told me she was sure that it was a ceramics project she did because it was the only thing that she did not get back from her teacher. She said it like she was disappointed or not very happy about it. I asked her why and she said that the only art that gets recognized for her is the things she makes as a joke!

It is a working whistle in the form of an anteater. I love it, and by the time we got to the grand opening of the display tonight she was pretty happy about how it turned out. It really is something that is all Dawn. She really does take a different look at things and sees really cool things in her head that sometimes come out in the form of something silly.


I think tonight when she had people asking about it seriously that she believed that it is truly a cool piece of artwork. I told her that when you are doing something for fun or as a joke it takes off the pressure of having to make it turn out in a certain way.

And, it really does whistle! 


No comments:

Post a Comment