Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, March 18, 2019

PET Scan Day

Okay sorry about the picture if you are squeamish around needles but this is a HUGE celebration for me today! (It didn't hurt if that makes it any better) I have had several PET scans at the PCI imaging clinic so I was very surprised when I went in there and things were a little changed up.

The nurse who usually just puts in my IV actually also did the radioactive injection as well. AND the BIG celebration is that she found that big ol' vein in my elbow joint and jammed the needle in. (I have always been told that I need to tell whoever is doing the IV or blood draw to jam it in because that vein rolls.)

Seriously...every time I have gone somewhere in probably the last year where they can't use my port, they end up in my left hand. UGH! I hate that, it hurts for days. The last two PET scans, in the hand. I now still have hope that there are times when they aren't limited to just my hand. (I can't take blood or blood pressures on my right side anymore - where there are several BEAUTIFUL veins, because of my lymph node removal on the right side)

Anyway...not much to report but we have an appointment to go over results on Wednesday. So I will have more to report then. I felt very confident that the test was done well. She even came back in and ran some saline through the radioactive syringe and into the IV just to be sure she got it all out. (At that point I was wondering if maybe they had some notes on me and my test)

After that I proceeded right home because the boys are home on spring break and I told them brunch would be donuts from Casey's since I hadn't been able to eat any carbs the day before my scan! I got to Casey's, bought the donuts (and a carton of chocolate milk), went out to the van and guess who put her keys in her purse and then only took her phone into the store because I had my debit card in my phone case? Yes, this girl!

So, thankfully, Casey's is about three blocks from my house. It truly is uphill the whole way but I made my way on foot to my house and we ate donuts and drank chocolate milk. Later I grabbed the extra set of key and got a ride down to unlock my van.

It has been an eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment