Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Survival Files: Good News: Today is the Day!

Cherry pitting in the living room
I got GREAT news yesterday! A surgery for today had been cancelled so they asked if I would like to move into the empty time slot! Yes please! So today is the day that I will have this last surgery to get rid of the remaining cancer in the margins. There is also a much better chance I will feel like heading to the fair on Sunday afternoon and hearing the concert with the kids! Isn't God so great to be in the little things? I love Him!













I love this guy too! He took me on in a few competitive games of Left/Right/Center. I was sitting in the "winning" spot he thought and so after I had won about 4 games, we switched places. Sure enough, the three games we played after that were won by Matthew. (sitting in the "winning spot") Go figure!

 Along with that, yesterday I got around some. I didn't take pain meds when I got up so I could drive to a scout meeting with one of the girls from the scout office. We talked recruitment and popcorn sales coming up - do we have everything we need? I got home at about 1 o'clock after stopping at Walgreen to get a couple of prescriptions filled. I need some more pain meds and I am finally filling the prescription for Lorazipam to help me fall asleep at night. I am tired most of the day but when that head hits the pillow...can't fall asleep. But, I am not going to deal with that anymore.


Along with the prescriptions I picked up a box of gloves so that next time I am cutting up fruits or veggies for freezing I can protect my cuticles and finger nails. They look like I spent four hours cutting up cherries for freezing! Oh wait...I did. I did think though before getting started that I wish I had some gloves to wear. I usually have some for those times I work with raw chicken and other messy foods. I have recently gotten to the bottom of the box and so I didn't have them for the cherries.


It will take a few days for the cherry color to wear off and my hands return to normal. Meanwhile I have to explain that it wasn't some horrific crime scene that I played a part in, but instead a huge bowl of cherries that needed tending to.

I putzed a little bit in my sewing room after I got home too. I am not posting a picture of that today since there wasn't anything completed, but I will be excited to share when the project is done. Thankfully although no driving is a rule with pain meds, operating a sewing machine is not on the list of prohibited things. It does my heart good to have fabric in my hands...fabric, yarn, embroidery floss...whatever, you get the picture!

Surgery is scheduled for 3:30 this afternoon. I am glad that I am no longer the last slot of the week when everyone would rather be finishing up their week and going home. Mostly, I am glad that it will just be done and that I will be home sleeping in my own bed tonight...there really is no place like home!

4 comments:

  1. Wash your hands in warm, soapy water to remove any stickiness or surface juice. Dry your hands completely on a clean towel.
    Cut a lemon in half. ...
    Rinse your hands in clear water then inspect your hands. ...
    Wash your hands again with soap and warm water to remove the lemon juice.

    I would love to be an extra pair of hands during you're canning season...PLEASE CALL ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri! I was just thinking in my head a list of people do "canning patrol"! I am sure that when things start coming in I won't be able to keep up with it all! I will put you on that list! 😀

      Delete
  2. Hooray for the move up time slot!!! Will be thinking of you at 3:30!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete