Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Snow...FINALLY!

I believe that I predicted when we were driving home from Sears in November with a brand new snow blower that it would be a mild winter. We have already had a day off and three late starts because of bitter cold temps.  I don't know if you would call it mild, but where snow is concerned, there has been little to speak of.

So, when the weatherman started talking about 6-8 inches of snow at the end of last week, the kids started getting excited. It is February 1st and David really has only used the machine once this winter, so I would have to say up until today I have been right. Compared to some of the snow filled winters of late, this one has been nothing!

It is currently still snowing and I have three kids out in the blowing blizzard conditions because we can't wait til the wind dies down to get out there and get playing! If anyone around here has been waiting for snow this winter, the wait is definitely over!

I can't say that I have been waiting impatiently, but it is nice to sit and sip my coffee from the window with a good book and see my kids having a blast making snow angels and planning the snow fort. To be honest, in Iowa, without snow, there isn't a whole lot of fun stuff to do in the winter once you get tired of being indoors!



No comments:

Post a Comment