Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

THREE CENTS A GALLON!

Last week I cut it pretty close to being stranded on the side of the road out of gas with my 12-year-old son. In January and February HyVee hands out the year's best coupons in conjunction with the fuel saver card. We had to be at a Boy Scout merit badge field trip but I was pretty close to empty.

I had planned to get some groceries and then fill the tank but I didn't realize how far toward Palo out of Cedar Rapids this water treatment plant was. I dropped Ryan off at the Scout meeting and passed by a Casey's to get to the HyVee and get the last of the awesome fuel saver deals of the year. 
To be honest, I am pretty sure the van was running on fumes about half-way back into town but I made it to the store and back to the gas station without stalling. It wasn't til I pulled into the station when I took a look at my total savings from my HyVee receipt. I couldn't believe it when the total at the bottom of the receipt said $2.06 off per gallon!

The price of gasoline last week dipped to $2.09 a gallon. I took a picture as proof that with the stop at the grocery store before I made it to get gas, I got it for THREE CENTS a gallon (okay, $.039 per gallon so almost 4 cents, but STILL!!)

That made my total bill for filling up the van's gas tank come to a whopping 69 cents this week! Yep...it was a good day and Ryan was relived to know we would make it home without running out of gas! Less than a dollar on gas...now that is a blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment