Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Looking Past the Shades for the Hope

I saw the Santorums in an interview promoting their new book that was released last week.  I thought it is too bad this book wasn't out at Christmas time when Barnes and Noble was sending me 20% and 30% off coupons every week. (I am a sucker for wanting a book for a deal)

Well, imagine my happiness when I was going through my email today and there was a 20% off coupon from Barnes and Noble! I knew it was meant to be. So, off I went to find the book and get my deal.

I walked into the store and went over to the new releases but there was nothing there. Past the table with all of the newly released teen interest books, the bargain books, etc. and I still couldn't see it anywhere. Okay, I pretty much walked all around the store until I came upon a woman who could help me.

She looked it up and said "oh yes, I can help you...you will find that book back in the Christian Life section". Oh, okay I am thinking. We get back there and stuffed in between the other books there were two copies on the shelf. Hmm...well, stuffed away in a corner or not, I am excited to read this book. The interest that was piqued in the interview along with some of the other garbage that people read that is out there lately, has given me a desire to read a story with hope.

Don't we as humans look for the hope in any good story?  I know I do - especially the real life ones (even if I have to trip over the huge display table right inside the door of 50 Shades of Gray books to find it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment