Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Survivor Files: Turning North

It is almost three weeks out from the final surgery of this reconstruction. I am becoming a new woman in so many ways. Those that have followed along with my journey have seen snippets of what has been happening over the past eighteen months.

The prayers for successful healing have been greatly appreciated. I had a doctor's appointment today and it was good news. I am happy to announce that I am now stitch free and steri-strip free with no open wounds.

I will have a check back in about a month and have two more things to do to finish the process. First, I have to make an appointment with the tattoo lady (for those who need more explanation, you should probably message me privately) and second, I have to call my buddy Matt back at the gym to get back to strengthening my core which has taken quite a beating with all of that has gone on. And that is my assignment, that is all the doctor has left for me.

I was reminded of the verse that stood out to me about a decade ago when I was studying in the Old Testament. In Deuteronomy the Israelites had been wandering in the wilderness and were finally ready to head into the promised land. God told them that they had circled around this mountain long enough. I feel like it is my turn to turn north...and I am excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment