Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Skating Rink



Mid-winter cabin fever seemed to be setting in when the big snowstorm hit. That helped to lift spirits a lot. One other thing helped was Stacey digging out the disco ball. I was feeling good enough this past weekend to go downstairs and sit at my sewing machine but I realized that it had been too long since I had been down there looking at the mess that had become the basement.




I asked the kids "why don't you guys go down and clean up the basement and we can set up the disco ball, turn off some of the lights and make a skating rink!" Well, that went over with a huge hurrah of excitement from all and it took 20 minutes and they were all down there skating complete with iTunes from the iPod.







The pictures are blurry because they are fast skaters! I kept the light on above my sewing table but the rest of the lights were off and the disco ball made for a great atmosphere. It was fun to sit down there and sew while the whish of skaters kept it cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment