Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gymnastics Meet!

Sunday we braved the cold and the snow and the white out conditions and drove to Zach's first gymnastics meet about an hour away from our house.  Dawn came with Zach and I and we got a little bit of an education about how gymnastics competitions work.
I am happy to say that I got a video of each event he was in and he is happy to say that he placed in all three of his events and brought home trophies.  When his dad saw the videos his first comment was "Wow, when I go pick him up it always looks like he is just goofing around and not paying attention.  He really looks like a gymnast!"

After all was said and done, I had to say that I was pretty impressed with his day too.  It was fun to watch and he had fun competing.  I just hope next time the road conditions aren't so bad.  You can bet that we were happy to be home when we got here.

With videos we took on my camera, and my wonderful husband's ability to make them show up on the television, Zach was able to call his grandma and grandpa next door and ask them to come over and watch his performance on television.  He got 2nd place for his double mini, 2nd place for his trampoline, and 3rd place for his tumbling.  It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment