Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cancer Files: Ringing in the New Year!

Well, it looks like a little bit of this treatment and recovery is "bleeding over" into the new year!  I mean bleeding literally.  It looks like there is a problem with the right side again.  So, these first two days of the new year, I am working on NOT getting an infection.

Prayers are appreciated for this as you can imagine, I am getting a little tired of not healing the way I should.  I certainly don't want to end up back in surgery for this.  The incision is open about a centimeter after the steri-strip came off yesterday in the shower.  After I got back home from seeing Frozen with the girls, it had leaked all over my shirt and I had to figure out what was going on.

This morning the nurse said that we don't want the fluid to stay in there so I have packed it good and am hoping that it will drain so that the infection that wants to take up residence has no place to dig a foundation.  I told the nurse I would be in at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning to have her take a look at it.  She told me to take it easy, the more that I do around the house, the more fluid my body will produce.  So, instead of doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen and making supper, I am doing laundry, making the kids clean the kitchen and rest of the house and I am pulling a freezer meal out of the freezer for supper tonight.  It is the best "take it easy" that I can get around here!

Thankfully as it drains, the pain level seems to be going down too so that is a happy thing for me.  I see the doctor next week on Thursday and I sure hope that it is looking a lot better.  As I think about it I realize that today marks only three weeks out from surgery so again, I am trying to feel better than I should at this point.

Speaking of Frozen...it was a great movie and we really enjoyed it.  I know it will be part of our movie collection when it comes out on Blu Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment