Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Busy Busy Busy!

Where do I begin to describe what is going on at our house?  We put an offer in on a house and it was accepted.  We just have to get together and sign the contract this week.  Then we have 60 days to sell our house!  So what started out as a punch list from our realtor has morphed into something more like "Flip This House!" I am just hoping that it won't become "Love It or List It" before all is said and done.  It is times like this when I am glad that we have watched a lot of HGTV on Saturday mornings.  The kids know exactly what is going on!

I love the changes that are being made.  The kitchen is my favorite.  Mainly because it was my dream.  Before anything started this summer, before cancer, before a house for sale we had been eyeing for a few years, or deciding to put our house on the market, I was going to revamp my kitchen.  Does anyone remember that?  It was my birthday, May 20th and my husband (who was not looking forward to the whole messed up kitchen) flew out of town for the week.  My sister and mom came over for a birthday treat and worked with me to get the whole thing started.

Since then, we have painted cabinets and cabinet doors, reconfigured the insides of some of the cabinets to make them more efficient, changed out the handles on the cabinet doors, painted a chalkboard, replaced the door going into the garage and purged many kitchen items that I haven't used in a long time.  Now the counter tops are going in.  Here is my dad and husband working on getting the sink cut out.  It looks SO much better!


Today we had a work party at the house.  There was some demolition of the basement walls and some painting on the outside.  The painting doesn't take that long but the prep took the better part of the day.  It looks a little bluer than we imagined but as it goes on, we are pretty excited about how much it improves the curb appeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment