Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, July 22, 2013

Updated Dining Room Lighting

Before
I have lived in my house for a little more than eight years.  3-4 times a year I remove the glass globes from the light fixture in our dining room, put them in my dishwasher and let the soapy water clean all of the dust and dirt that has accumulated since the last time I washed.  As my the kitchen in my house has gone through its transformation, the light fixture in the dining room was something that I didn't really feel like I had to update.  Yes, it looks a little dated, but it would pass for now.

After
That is what I thought before the "cleaning of the glass globes" last week.  Hearing the dishwasher beep, I went to grab the clean globes out and return them to the fixture.  To my horror, after carefully placing the first two on the table, I reached for the next two.  I must have pulled at just the wrong angle because AUGH...it broke!   What is the chance after EIGHT years...I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

The fixture looks entirely different without the globes and quite a bit older.  My mom agreed with me and found a new brushed nickel light that looks very nice with the rest of the upgrades.  I THINK the new counter top is going in at the end of the week!  CAN'T WAIT!

P.S. As I am finishing up the post, I got a phone call from the doctor.  No appointment today with the plastic surgeon since he is stuck in surgery this afternoon.  So, on Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. I will see him instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment