Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Good-Bye Old Friend!

A couple weeks ago I found out that a good friend of mine is moving across the country.  It was hard as a kid to move away and try to make new friends, or to have a friend move away.  As difficult as it was then, there are some things in life that don't get any easier as we grow up.
Saying good bye and sending a friend across the country next week, I am also finding today that I have to say good bye to another faithful friend.  This friend is not of the human kind, but my Lazy-Boy that was purchased exactly eleven years ago when I went on bed rest the week after July 4th, pregnant with the triplets.

It has rocked five babies through sleepless nights, it has been peed on, thrown up on, somersaulted and head stood on, fought over and flipped off of.  Through it all it has been nailed back together and ripped apart again.  I can find a little bit of sentimentality in me to sign or sniffle just a little, but overall I have to say, I will be glad when it gets loaded and hauled off to the dump.  It has certainly done what it was purchased to do and there isn't much left for it to give.

As our friends have been planning and packing, they offered us one of their recliners since they didn't have room to pack everything.  As I tried to refuse the offer, I heard "you will want
to have a comfortable chair to recover in after Wednesday".  How could I resist?  The new recliner is comfortably in its place and I think it is a great addition to our home.  Now, if the girls would just get out of it so that I can enjoy a little relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment