Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Catching Up On Some Reading

I would like to be able to move around a little better but it looks like I will have to be more patient before things get closer to normal around here.  Meanwhile...reading is a fairly sedentary activity and thankfully, I love to read!  There are usually a few books going at one time with me and that is the case right now too.

A few years ago I decided to take a whirlwind history trip by reading a biography of every president.  I am finding there are some very good biographers. H.W. Brands is one of them.  I am currently reading about Andrew Jackson.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about Andrew Jackson.  I had a few ideas of him before I started reading about the presidents and then have developed some different ones about him after reading the previous presidents' lives.  Each president's life overlaps so much of the others, that I am getting a great detailed story of our country's history.  I have grown to love some of these men, there are also a few that have moved to the bottom of my list.

With all of this extra time to read, it won't be long before we see where Andrew Jackson falls on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment