Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Rough But "Incredible" Start to the New Year

Well, it looks like there will be no "routine" to these chemo rounds. I was down in bed most of the week with extreme fatigue and then end up with a fever and now on antibiotics. I am not sure where the germs came from because I was quarantined in my bedroom for the time I was most vulnerable. Yesterday I woke up to a 101.4 fever which is almost a whole degree higher than I am supposed to be without going in. So I called.

Thankfully they didn't need me to come in, and told me they had called in an antibiotic. So, I waited til an early lunch time and made a trip to CVS for the meds, Chic fil a for a large bowl of chicken noodle soup (THE ABSOLUTE BEST), and Scooters for a large hot tea. I got back home and comfortable and rested all afternoon. The only symptom I had was a TERRIBLE sore throat. I could hardly swallow it hurt so bad.

So today? Well, swallowing still hurts a little and I have had two doses of the antibiotic. I slept well thanks to Lorazapam and did feel better this morning. I have been up a bit today and rested when I felt like it. I do have to say it stinks. We had planned for Stacey, Matt, Zach and I to drive to Des Moines today to watch Ryan and Dawn's first show choir competition. Instead I got to see clips from parents on Facebook. I am thankful for Facebook.

I tried to take a great picture of me but it really got depressing to me. My skin is pale and grey and I just look sick. (okay, I guess I am sick). It just stinks to look at the face in the mirror sometimes. So, I opted to share a picture of the Incredibles 2 because this afternoon I had a couple of visitors in my room to watch with me. (not quite the show choir watching we had hoped for but good fun together time).

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

 Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment