Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Preparing for a Blizzard

Some people go to the grocery store and stock up when the threat of winter weather comes. I have always been just a little bit different. I stopped at JoAnns yesterday before the Chic fil a drive thru for chicken noodle soup (with a mask on) and purchased denim needles and blue jean thread. I was out of needles and I have three pairs of blue jeans and two pairs of dress pants of David's that need hemming. You really shouldn't be home all weekend without the right needles and thread to do a job like that. But that is just me.


I have also been pinning quilt squares in my bed this week. Still can't show what I have been up to because it doesn't look like much yet but it will! I have been pinning curved pieces together and then when I run out of pins, it takes about 30-40 minutes at the sewing machine to stitch them up since they are pinned well. I got to use my new Gizmo which is the purple thing in the picture below. It has a very sharp blade and when I am chain piecing I can run the threads between the squares over the blade and it quickly snips them apart. Brilliant invention whoever thought of it!


No matter what happens with the weather this weekend, I am happy to know that I will still be able to get things done while my lungs are healing. The pain hasn't been as constant in my back today as it has been the last few so I am hoping that these antibiotics are kicking this mess to the curb! Meanwhile, I am ready for whatever weather we have this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment