Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snowy Weekend = LOVE!!

Well, the blizzard came. I started somewhere in the middle of the movie we put on Friday night. One of the kids snuck over to the window to look out and see if it had started snowing YET?!!! There was a cancelled sleepover for one son and he was starting to think it was all for naught. The first check  not long after the snow started was 1" or so. They all came in and continued watching the movie.

They took the ruler outside after the movie was done and they were able to measure up to 7"! That was a lot of snow in a little bit of time. We brought up the Nintendo 64 for a little Tetras tournament. Really, it was just Zach and I. We played until my eyes got too tired. I can't tell you what time all of the people in my family went to sleep, but there was different video games being played, shows being watched (mainly NCIS since that what most people like to watch in this house.)

On Saturday morning we ate breakfast that David made (the very best kind of breakfast as far as I'm concerned) and then the snow crew went outside and fired up the snow blower. They worked on the driveway and sidewalks along with the mailman's path. They got it all cleared. They spent a lot of time out in the snow playing after the clearing job was done. Dawn was even drawn out by the white stuff and they of course had a fort built before it finally became a little too cold. I had to remind them all to hang it up or it will  be wet and cold the next time they want to go outside.

By afternoon, the switch was brought upstairs so that Zelda could be played. With Monday off too it turned out to be a great weekend to just relax and hang out together with no real place to go and no real places to be. I did some resting but Monday I made my bed and spent most of the day sitting or standing or walking around the house. It was Monday night when I decided to iron on my quilt squares since I was able to finish the pinning and sewing of the squares. I was half way to my total steps on my Fitbit when I decided with every three squares I would stop and make three laps around my ironing board and before I knew it I had made my steps goal.

Not only that, but I have all of the pieces pressed and laid out on the floor. The quilt is going to  be so cute. I am super excited to start sewing the blocks together. And just as long as you are wondering what I have be binge-watching over this last week while I have been resting, it is Monk. It has been years since I had watched and it is a fun little show so I had that on while I was working on the quilt. I also would like to report lest any of you think that I am not exercising my brain and getting a little mushy, I have also finished 2 books this week and advanced about 30 levels on Wordscapes so I am still working regularly on keeping my brain sharp! Saturday was alittle darker for me and I may share some of that on a different day. Still working through that. For now I will go off to treatment tomorrow, thankful if I am able to move on with treatment #3.


Prayer Request for today: TREATMENT #3 TOMORROW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lord, please grant our request for Jody to have her treatment. We need to have those cancer cells stopped in their tracks. Nothing should be slowing this mighty warrior of yours down. Amen

    ReplyDelete