Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Game Night

Zachary got a new game for Christmas and the winter weather advisory and the cancelling of all of the school activities for the evening made it a great night to crack it open. At first I have to say that we weren't sure we were going to like "Dos". We know how to play "Uno" and love that but Dos is a bit different and quite a lot to keep track of as we read through the instructions.

We finally decided to play a couple of rounds and see if we could get the hang of it. It didn't take long at all and I think it will be a game we will play again. So, if we were to say whether or not we recommend it, we would say yes. Six of us played while Dawn joined us after her shower and hung out while we played.

We played three rounds and a couple in the group got a little discouraged after Ryan won two of the rounds. I reminded everyone that Ryan is usually unlucky and if we played another few rounds his winning streak would probably end but we decided to try a different game we hadn't played in awhile.
A Dos Selfie!

I found "Pass the Pigs" on the game shelf and I realized that I think we may have showed it to the triplets when the were little but didn't really get it. I forgot how much laughing is involved in the game Pass the Pigs. I am sure that it will be played again soon. No one believed me when I brought it out and told them how fun it was. Now they do!

Perfecting the pig rolling technique













Wow! David gets a double razorback!
The game is played with two pigs. Each has a black spot on one side, no spot on the other. Depending on how they land, you get a certain number of points. There are ten rolls in each game and whoever has the most points at the end wins. We played two rounds of that before we had a family meeting. Zach and I shared the last two places, him coming in last the first round and I lost the last round. Unlucky David won both rounds so go figure!

Then we also recorded this fun video of Stacey's turtle impersonation. 


I think by far this is the best way to spend the night before treatment. Number three is tomorrow. Two days fever free since Sunday so I am pretty hopeful that all is good to go. Tonight I am thankful for laughter and prayers!

"...a time to laugh..." Ecclesiastes 3:4

2 comments:

  1. xoxo!!!
    It’s been a million years since we’ve played pass the pigs! Hope you’ll go to sleep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well get it out!! It should be played often! 😊

      Delete