Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Pneumonitis

Waiting for Results
Chemo was a no go today. It makes me sad but glad on the other side of it. Something has been going on and it is good to be getting to the bottom of it. I have been tired of feeling sick most of the time and spiking random fevers for reasons that aren't always obvious.

There was blood testing on my port and an auxiliary location to test for any infection that may be in my port. Those will culture for a few days. I got to once again pee in a cup and then it was over to the hospital for a chest CT scan. They wanted to check for any possible blood clots or pneumonia since I have had pain in my top right quadrant in the last few days.

After the CT we were back to the office to have the port de-accessed and hearing the results. NO blood clots which was good news but there was pneumonitis in my right lung. So, treatment with a new antibiotic that is stronger and then another attempt at round three for next Wednesday.

Yummy Very Late Lunch!
Dessert!

Mom had come with me today and by 3:30 we were out of the office and starving! We ate a wonderful meal at Olive Garden. It was a perfect ending of long day. We stopped at a couple of places while we waited for the prescription to be done at the drug store. Home again, home again, jiggity jig!




1 comment:

  1. You ALWAYS have bright spots to your days ... no matter what! 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete