Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, January 28, 2019

Snowy Days and Mondays

I didn't mean to wait so long with such heavy blog on Friday but that is the way the weekend went. I really had nothing to report. Lots of bone pain and mostly resting in my bed. Before I started writing this I thought I would have a much better report since I woke up this morning without any bone pain at all. I was up a couple of hours while the kids got ready for school with their two hour delay.

Debating what I would do today I decided to do some patching on my quilt. But before that, I got the mail and read a couple of cards and took a pen to my new Nancy's Notions catalog that came today. Who else does that...goes through and circles all of the things that would be cool to have? Yeah, it is fun to see what is out there to make a job in the sewing room easier or more fun.

I have mentioned  that I am working on a quilt and I think I even shared my plan to pin the rows together and then to keep them from getting mixed up taking one row down to my sewing machine at a time to force myself to get my steps in for the day. I stared down at the rows and I had done about half of them on Saturday until I had made my step goal and then stopped for the day.

Maybe if I do the rest of the rows before I settle into my bed to patch my quilt/blanket I would feel accomplished! So, I did the six rows left and have very few steps to go before at 1:24 in the afternoon, I am almost done. Exercise for me these days are not huge goals, but I am doing pretty good at reaching the small ones.


So there they are...folded over so they don't take up all of my bedroom floor but there's proof that I got them done. As I picked up my computer to start blogging, everything from my waist down started SCREAMING. It took about 10 minutes for me to get up and get out to the kitchen for Tylenol. Last night I took three and it settled the bone pain down so that it was manageable. I am waiting for it to kick in now using this post to distract my brain.





Some of my tools and left overs to patch with.
So, I am excited to work on my quilt/blanket. If you want to know that story about my life blanket, you can read more here. Today, I have gathered my goodies together and will enjoy some time patching. It is something I can do from my bed and I love when the kids ask about this fabric or that fabric.






Here are a couple of spots to focus on today

No comments:

Post a Comment