Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, December 31, 2018

A Quiet New Year

Time to join the grannies
Resting
Movies and crochet
Following the two days of steroids during and after Thursday's treatment, my last couple of days have been pretty laid low. I am sleeping a lot and not really paying attention to life as we know it. Special thanks to the Hubaceks, Webers, Stulkes and Erlackers for bringing supper to us these last few nights. We are definitely well taken care of. We are so very thankful!

Tonight we ring in the new year. I will be doing that from my bed somewhere in the middle of a Perry Mason movie marathon. With my in and out of sleepiness, I end up usually rewinding a couple of segments because I usually miss some of the key points to solving the mystery. That is okay, it makes the movies last longer.

I have crochetted enough squares to start joining them tonight. I love how it is turning out. Very colorful! My favorite part is starting to see how it all will look together. I have yet to see if the variegated yarn will take away from the color of the squares. I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I will keep you posted.

For tonight, I am going to drink some juice (water tastes so yucky these days), watch a couple more movies and crochet a few more grannies together. As I think ahead to 2019 I know that I will be taking it one day at a time, like we really should be taking every day anyway.

To all of our loved ones and friends, be safe and know that we are praying for a blessed 2019 for each and every one of you! May we always be thankful for what we have and always feel the love of our friends even on those nights when we are laying low. Happy 2019 to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I've had you so on my heart, Jody. I didn't see you after church but wanted to tell you how cute your wig looked. I'm praying for these days of rest and healing to also be full of God's mercy and strength. Love you! 😘 Lisa

    ReplyDelete