Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Hold On For One More Day

Well...this is the last day. It will hold on for this one more day. It is what I was hoping for, to make it through Grand Central Christmas.

It actually isn't holding on for one more day. It all wants to come out when I run my fingers through it. It all started on Sunday morning. I wasn't really thinking about it this time around. I have lost my hair before so no big deal. That said, it still shocked me on Sunday morning in the shower when both hands were full of hair as I massaged the shampoo into my head.

"Be more gentle with the conditioner" is what I told myself. I can't have empty spots of head when this is over, I have to get to church. I don't have time to lose substantial amounts of hair right now!

Without much handling from that point on, I was able to dry my hair and let it lay where the hair dryer blew it. Hairspray, not to hold the style, but to simply hold it on my head. I was a little bummed, I have to admit. I wanted this short little cut to last through the week so that I don't look back at the Christmas pictures like I do from two years ago and think first thing. "Oh, that is when I was on chemo".

Silly, I know, it will be "that is the Christmas I tried to keep my hair on my head". Well, it worked. Two very gentle shampoos later and my hair (for the most part) is still mostly on my head. My pillow and the shower drain may be able to make a wig of about the same thinnest but it will pass for one more day.

Tomorrow is round two of chemo and I fit right in wearing a hat or scarf on my head so it will be just fine. I am not making it a big production this time around. My wig is waiting, resting on a diet cola two liter on my bathroom counter when I decide to quit this silly game. If you would like to experience the emotions and all that comes with losing your hair you can check out the first time around.

I am better prepared this time around and I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my hair in the last week since we cut it short. Little do people know that I was just trying to keep it on my head for one more day. Turns out, we made it FOUR more. Score!

3 comments:

  1. You are an incredible positive person!! That doesn’t mean you don’t cry, get upset or wish things were different! It just means you look for the good sruff in all that happens! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you and hope you had a blessed christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brave wonderful woman- God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete