Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Preparing

I have gradually felt better this week after faithfully taking my antibiotics. As I have felt better, I have done too much these last couple of days. So, tomorrow...I will stick around the house and wrap presents and rest and sew a little and rest and fold some laundry and rest...and you get the picture.

Being told that I will more than likely lose my hair again I have been monitoring the hair in the shower, my hairbrush and every once in awhile I will yank a little in the back and see how much will come out in my hand. It is gradually more every day.

Thinking that I will be able to handle it better with my hair shorter, Johanna got me in today to shape up my style and shorten it considerably. I am hoping that it will last like this through Christmas next week and maybe longer. The less I mess with it the better.

I have had to rely heavily on the rest of the family to have Christmas ready this year. There are presents under the tree but I have had very little to do with the shopping, ordering, or wrapping of them. It is a little nerve racking at this point because I am not quite sure what still needs to be done. I have a few things on my list and FINALLY today I am celebrating because my 12 year old has jammies that he will love. Kohls did not come through for me this year with matching brother jammies so I had to shop around.

There are only a few of the presents for the kids that I even know about so the whole present opening experience for me this year will be a surprise. I know it will be good, David has been very thoughtful with the kids and helping them shop. Like 5 years ago when I wasn't up to shopping the first time we were fighting cancer, we learned all about Amazon Prime and they have never let us down.

I want to send a shout out to my amazing, wonderful and just plain awesome husband for all of the Christmas shopping AND for taking on the morning routine with the kids these last couple weeks so that I can sleep in! It has been dreamy!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Friend! Younlook precious and I’m so glad you get lots of fun surprises this Christmas. What FUN it’s going to be!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, I'm sure you know your beauty comes from your heart. We will love you even more if your hair goes. Praise God that you have been blessed with such a wonderful husband and family! Janel

    ReplyDelete