Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christopher Robin...oh my HEART!

Everything that this "grown up who loved Pooh as a child and as a mom of little ones" needed. We don't get to the theater much but it is a good thing with this one because right here at home I had plenty of tissues to cover the extreme range of emotions in this movie!

What a WONDERFUL movie for Pooh fans of all ages! I have loved Pooh since childhood and read/watched Pooh with all of my loves. We watched tonight, all of us with popcorn, and a visit from Grandpa and Grandma because Grandma is the reason I loved Pooh as a girl. Silly old bear.

SOOOO many "Pooh-isms" and warm fuzzies that only Pooh can give. Eeyore and Tigger made quite a debut as animated stuffed animals too. Piglet, Owl and the whole gang might just make all of us wonder why we have to grow up.














Well done Ewan McGregor! I wasn't sure I would like Obi Wan Kenobi as Christopher Robin but he was so good. Fun, light-hearted to serious work-a-holic. It was a great reminder to spend the holidays "all in" with the people you love.

There were so many good quotes that I will have to watch it again and again. I think most in the room will be happy to watch again too. If you are a Pooh fan, or even if you didn't know him as a child, this movie was so great.

Pooh and his honey, Piglet and his haycorns, Eeyore and his loose tail-pessimism and of course, Tigger and his bouncing. Oh, and it wouldn't be a Pooh movie without heffalumps and woozles! It was like going back to the hundred acre wood again with grown up eyes, but it was even better because it sometimes does stink to have to grow up and there are certain things that we miss.

I was reminded of a little something visiting my Pooh memories again for a little while tonight:


 Thank you for the memories, Christopher Robin and your silly old bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment