Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Better Day

I am in my bedroom getting some work done today which is more than I can say for the last two. I spent Monday sleeping and most of Tuesday. Today I got out and shopped for stocking stuffers, had some coffee with a friend and spent the afternoon in my new make-shift office (ie: my bed and a laptop) working on scout stuff. It feels very good to be productive. Tonight is pretty low key around here. The kids had an early out and helped out cleaning up the place. That makes me smile. I told them that they get to leave every morning but this is where I have to hang out most days. I just get tired of looking at their messes!

The blessing of the week would have to be the tip from a friend about Aldi "instacart". My weekly groceries came to me this afternoon while I had a houseful of kids to unpack and put them away. I ordered online and they delivered it right to our kitchen. It is very economical and I am sure that I will get used to this in the months to come! I knew Hy Vee delivered but had no idea that Aldi did too. I know exactly what I need from Aldi every week and so the dreaded trip to the store this week has been avoided.

Tonight I was in the kitchen for the first time since Saturday. Thankful for some friends and Zio Johno's Marion Music Booster fundraiser last night, I haven't had to cook. I have to go slow but the chicken and waffles tonight will taste good! We were blessed on Saturday night to be prayed over by some wonderful friends. I have said it before and I will say it again, God has blessed me with such good people. He has blessed all of the Sloans.

I know some of you like the nitty-gritty so, looks like days 3-5 may be the rough ones this time around. We will see. My familiar side-effect friends are back like the gross taste and dry mouth. It actually makes my tongue feel like my taste buds are swollen. I get dehydrated easily so I am trying to remember to drink as much water as I can. The fatigue seems worse than the last time. Nausea comes and goes and it is definitely manageable. I haven't needed anti-nausea pills at all yet. My nose really loves the chemo and now drips pretty much non-stop. It is always sore and so neosporin up my nose every night is back in my routine.

I was told that I may acquire a rash along the way in the first week so I need to be on the look out for that. It was Monday afternoon when I thought it was weird that my scars were itching. It wasn't til later that night when I was getting ready for bed that I realized that the skin that was radiated two years ago is breaking out and uncomfortably itchy. I have lotion so I slather that on everywhere as I have also been told that my skin will dry out on this regimen. There is always the shaky feeling but when I take it slow and easy, I can usually get things done. As long as this is attacking the cancer with as much enthusiasm as it is attacking the rest of my body, I will endure.

Thank you all who have continued to check in on me and to send your prayers and best wishes. Seeing something in the mail besides bills is always wonderful! I am enjoying everyone's Christmas cards just a little more this year! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment