Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, April 1, 2019

A Special Quilt

Yesterday we got to celebrate the adoption of "Baby J" into his forever family. I was a toddler shower. The shower was planned back in January but the weather didn't allow it. I was actually excited because I could use the extra time to finish the project I had planned for this special little one. (It still caught me yesterday trying to finish it up and have it ready to go - I am a last minute girl almost every time no matter how hard I try!)

I have mentioned that I have been able to do a lot of quilting in my bed. This is the quilt I have been working on. I had never done curves before and so I was a little concerned as I usually get before trying something new. It was SO fun! Having to spend more time in bed has helped a lot because I pinned thoroughly and when I got to the machine it sewed up beautifully!







It seems like every time I finish a quilt I say it is my favorite one. I have lots of favorites! The thing about finishing this one, is that I had been kicked out of my sewing area because they were framing down there yesterday! It turned out to be great because quilting turned out to be so much easier on my counter height dining room table. I stood for most of it and I could see better and maneuver around a lot easier and faster. It went together quickly.

The pattern was originally bigger with one more row of "jacks" making it 3x4 but for a toddler, I took that top row off and made it a square. The colors have been fun and this had a lot more white than I usually choose for a quilt. But I really like it. I think Jackson liked it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment