Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, April 19, 2019

70 Candles

My parents were born on the same day. This year marks their 70th birthday and that is something we were excited to celebrate with them last weekend. We spent the week thinking of all the favorite (and not so favorite) foods that we ate as kids and came up with a smorgasbord of yumminess as we took a walk down memory lane. I am only sorry that I didn't take a picture of my plate before I ate.

Our dinner consisted of Tater Tot Hot Dish, Chicken Tetrazzini, Taco Salad, Rice Pudding and Cottage Cheese and Applesauce (which we could eat together as we did as kids). Jeremy thought about making Potato Dumplings but some things are just better left in the past. As I was thinking about it this week I realized I could have baked some homemade whole wheat bread and made Mom's awesome baked fried chicken too (which we still eat at our house).

Just for fun, here is how you blow out 70 candles in case you ever need to know...

First, cover the smoke detector
Second, wait for the spirited yet
unpredictable version of "Happy Birthday"
to be sung by your family
Third, take a DEEP breath
Fourth, blow REALLY hard!
(can you see, they blew out almost ALL
of them with the first blow! Just that
top corner remained! We were pretty
proud!)
Fifth, get that last little corner
Sixth, a kiss for a job well done!
 Love you Mom and Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment