Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fried Green Tomatoes

Used to be that you could only have fried green tomatoes during the summer when we could pick green tomatoes off of the vine and fry them up. I tried last fall to slice the green tomatoes and can them so they would last and we could have green tomatoes all year long.










I can't believe that it took me this long to try them! This past week I opened a couple of jars and fried up some. They were so good and I WILL NOT hesitate to can more green tomatoes at the end of the Iowa growing season when there are still green tomatoes on the vine the night before the first frost.

YUMMY fried green tomatoes in March! Next year we will have them in November and December and January!


Dip

Fry

Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment