Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Organizing Peace

I usually wait until a week or so into January before I take down the Christmas decorations. We love the season where we see the lights and the pretty things. It reminds us of what Jesus has done making plain, ordinary and temporary into bright, beautiful and eternal. It is always a little difficult to put everything away because let's face it, January/February is the darkest, coldest time of the year. For those of us who deal with mood and depression issues, I have to gear up to let go of my lights and pretty things.


This year was a little different and I have no idea what got into me but I was very excited about starting to pack everything up. For the last couple of years we have been very unorganized when we have put up the tree, so much so that I haven't been as excited about decorating. Truth is, things have gotten out of control in many areas in our life and the Christmas decorating and organization is no different.
















What makes this year's "take down" different? Well, I pulled up the six green and red bins and emptied them. Zachary and Stacey were so excited to help when I got out the labeller! The three of us sorted, and arranged all of the Christmas stuff and put them in bins labelled so we know what is inside without even having to open them up. That may seem like "well DUH!" to many, but for me, things have gotten a little chaotic around here so this was great!

It took a little longer to get things packed up this year but I am so excited about next November when we get ready to set up for Christmas 2015! And in the new year I think I will find some more things to organize!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you... Organizing is a lot of work, especially Christmas things. But it makes it so much nicer for next year.
    We use to leave our tree up until 1/7 my son's birthday. He said, "we have it up to celebrate Jesus's birthday, and take it down for mine."
    Some traditions start in the silliest way.
    May this new year be bright as the star shining on the manger that first Chirstmas.
    Love to you all, Jeri

    ReplyDelete