Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, June 13, 2014

Laying a Cement Road

We were going to get going down the road to the farm about eleven a.m. yesterday to get the kids to the farm before today's surgery.  I hadn't checked with the city before making those plans because while Stacey, Matt and Zach were cleaning out the back of the van, we had the cement trucks start lining up in the road in front of the house.

That was the interesting distraction that we needed to keep us from moving on down the road.  We had cousins and siblings lined up on the porch for a front row seat to watch the beginning of the pouring.
 It is pretty amazing how they can line it all up and orchestrate a project like laying a cement road.  The first twelve feet or so was fun to watch and a though there are a few people who look like they are standing around and watching.  Once the cement trucks show up, they get to their stations and each of them have an important job to make it all come together.

It was about that time when Stacey got my attention and told me that Matt had put something in his mouth.  I went in to check on him and he showed me the box he found in the car.  It was a box of firecracker type worms that you buy around the fourth of July.  He had eaten one of them because it looked like it was a box of candy!

I got on the phone with the pediatrician and then with poison control and they assured me that since he only ate one, there shouldn't be any problems.  With that as another delay, I got everyone in the car and we started on our trip.  I am very glad that Matt was wise enough to stop at one when he found that the worm didn't taste very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment