Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Am Eight...Let's Celebrate!

Today as I was running around getting the boys ready to head off to camp until Saturday, Zachary asked me when we were going to get his invitations done.  I asked him what he meant and he answered "Remember?  You said yesterday that we could make invitations for the party at Grandpa and Grandma's on Sunday".

Each time there is a child's birthday we pick the Sunday night gathering closest to the birthday when everyone will be there and honor that child with a little birthday party from his family.  I did tell Zach yesterday that we would be celebrating his birthday this coming Sunday night.

I also vaguely remember him wanting to make invitations for everyone.  That is not a typical thing we do, but Zach has really thrown me some surprises lately so when he said he wanted to send everyone an invitation, I told him that was a nice idea.  I just wasn't planning to take time out of our day today while I was also trying to get his food and things together for camp.

I found a cute picture of him and threw on a little rhyme and he thought it was pretty cool.  I printed it out on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, folded it in half and let him write his personal note on each one.  Five were printed, one for each of my sibling's families and one for Grandpa and Grandma.  He has become quite a thoughtful little boy (or should I say BIG boy) now that he is eight!

He told me tonight when I dropped him off for camp.  "Mom, I am going to miss you when I am gone."  He is the only one who does!  Even Matt will say when he will be sleeping over somewhere else.  "I am not even going to miss you Mom!"  I appreciate how God makes each child individual and different.  I will miss my boys Zach and Ryan until they come back Saturday night.  I know they are having a fun time and meanwhile we are going to have gluten for supper EVERY NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment