Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Little Things ARE the Big Things

One thing that I find difficult when I am praying for someone or know someone going through a difficult time is "what can I do?".  I realize how many of the little things I have stopped doing that I used to love to do.  I was an avid card sender.  I loved to hear of someone who needed a pick me up and send them a word of encouragement.  I can't even remember the last time I have done that.  That makes me sad.

Forced to spend a little more time thinking of myself, I find that it is so much more fun to encourage others than to dwell on my troubles.  I have also been the recipient of others' kind words and notes and remember how important it is to cheer and love one another in that way.  My sister-in-law sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers last week.  It came in a box and I was worried when I opened it because they looked all droopy.  Come to find out they have flowers now that you can send as buds and they open into a beautiful bouquet in 24 or so hours and last much longer on your table!  These are beautiful.

Another friend gave me roses in a hand painted bottle and a poem that she has found encouraging.  Beautiful again.  Each note or little thing that someone has said or given to me is a perfect reflection of who they are.  Each of us has a gift for giving something so unique and personal.  I Timothy 4:14 says neglect not the gift that is in thee.  Paul is talking to Timothy about what he is gifted with in the way of his service to the church.  I would say that each of us has our own unique way of giving to others what only we can.  The words in our hearts could really encourage someone else today.  I want to use my life experience to remember what it is that I can give as encouragement in my own unique way to bring a smile to someone's face.  We all need a pick me up, life is messy sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment