Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cancer Files: How Kids Cope

I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my sweet daughter last week when I got off the phone with the nurse and got the news about the cancer.  This week, along with refreshing the flowers that had wilted in my bedroom,  she came up from her art studio (where I used to have space to work downstairs) and gave me a beautiful sign to go along with the flowers.

It wasn't til yesterday when I realized she had started writing in her journal.  Her feelings came out when she was talking with her dad and told us she doesn't understand why Mom was told she has cancer and everything seems to be the same.  After her dad asked how things should be she couldn't really say but she didn't understand the peace and why it seems like things aren't sadder.

Her dad pointed her to Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  David explained that we don't understand it, but He is in control and we will trust Him.  I also explained to her that she doesn't always see us after she goes to bed and that I have cried!  It is overwhelming, even for a grown up.  She felt better to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment