Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sore Fingers

Why don't I sit down at the piano anymore? 




















Marrying a man who can sit down and play anything that he hears hasn't helped my piano skills. For many years I have just said to myself that David can play so I don't have to. No doubt that I can only blame myself for not keeping up on my piano playing.

This week I realized that I have really missed playing the piano. Maybe it is because I am tired of my children skipping their practicing all the time. I was thinking that maybe if I jumped back in and practice on a regular basis, I could be the good example they need.










Little did I know that it wouldn't take long sitting there with an old music book to realize that there was a dimension of my life that has been missing for some time. I decided I was going to start giving myself lessons so that I can get my fingers back in shape!

I have practiced three times since my first lesson earlier this week! I am pretty proud of my student if I do say so myself! I found a version of one of my favorite songs I played in my younger years and although "rusty" would be very kind way to describe my attempt to play this song, I was able to bring it back to a semblance of recognition. I am excited to keep working on it.

There has been a lot of emotion in my house this week. I forgot how playing the piano helps calm me and bring a little bit of joy to my day. I am thankful for that and I am going to use it for my advantage. I am done playing for today though, my fingers are very out of shape - but not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment