Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Totally Out of the Wheelhouse

There are things that I have learned only because I acquired a husband. Not just any one mind you, but my husband. He is the best in every way and I wouldn't change a thing. However, there are things that have changed me as a married woman. Here are just a few that come to mind...James Bond, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Stargate. Yes, my level of enjoyment of certain shows has grown as I have watched with my husband who enjoys different genres than I was used to before I became his wife.

There are other things too. Like, I can cut a man's hair. I can, but I won't. In the early years I cut David's hair. I could do it and did but never felt like I really knew what I was doing. I was still only "girlfriend" when I started hemming pants for him. It felt domestic as we were in college to pull out my machine in my dorm and hem my boyfriend's dress pants. I am pretty good at it in fact. Which leads us to last week.  David needed a suit. He hasn't had a new one for many years. In fact, the last two suits he got were before children. I had a 30% off at Kohls coupon a couple weeks back and there was a sale on top of that, so I picked him up pants and a suit jacket and thought we would start with that. Only thing is, the sleeves were too long. I have a husband who needs things shortened and a son who shops for tall. The gene pool is wide in our family. Surely I could take up the sleeves in a man's suit coat. I seem to like to tackle more and more difficult tasks in my sewing room these days.
AHHH! What have I done?!
BREATHE...just BREATHE!
No turning back...this is more taken off
than ANY of the YouTube videos showed!


 And before you knew it, the shortened sleeve was  complete and looking great! I surprised myself because there were a couple of times I kept rolling around in my head that "I REALLY don't want to be doing this!" It was a little stressful when you think of cutting fabric from a suit coat but I think it turned out pretty good in the end. Maybe it wasn't too far from the wheelhouse after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment