Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Carrying On #4

I am not sure how to really report on today. It was not terrible and it was not great. Whoever it was who wrote up the report for the PET scan did not write it up so it was easy to compare it to the PET scan in November. There were no measurements to compare and it showed a large spot on the left side that is larger than it was. Then, instead of a large area on the right that was there in November, the only thing this report says about the right is that there were "other scattered hypodensities of the right hepatic lobe".

Scattered hypodensities sounds better than and almost 5 cm area that was on the report in November. There was also a note "The lack of IV contrast limits evaluation of the soft tissues on the CT images". When I was in there on Monday it seemed like the injection was really quick. I have done that test two times before and it seemed a lot quicker this time. So, I am not so sure that the scan was good. I would have liked some measurements.

So, the large area on the left lobe is larger but on the picture you can see in November three smaller areas that weren't there on Monday's pictures. Even though the doc says it isn't a great report she told us that all of my liver enzyme numbers are better and my symptoms are better. So, today we are carrying on. I got my fourth treatment today.

We also talked about the molecular testing that has come back. They don't think it is HER 2+ but instead the molecular testing comes back as a triple negative cancer. We have to think about that. That would be a different protocol of course. We are going to do another PET as soon as the insurance allows.

In the meantime I will have another echo cardiogram to be sure that my heart is doing well through all of this on March 5th. After that we are putting off treatment #5 for six days so that the family can travel to Auntie Chelle's wedding. I told the doc today that I am not going to miss that and am not going to have treatment #5 and then get into the car for a road trip! We can't wait! It will be a great distraction.


I was going to quick come home, write a blog and then go off to worship practice. I was glad to be able to pause and do an actual mom thing. Someone had been coloring with a Sharpie marker on the table. He was trying to wash it off with a wipe and was not having any luck. He was upset that it happened and I told him that it is a good lesson to learn for a fourth grader. I told him I was sure that someone had a solution for the problem and that he should look up on google "Sharpie on wood". He came out and told me that it said toothpaste! I think he was a little surprised when I told him to run and get some. Sure enough, after some work, it was all gone. Not only did he learn that he needs to put something under paper when he uses Sharpies, I taught him how to clean up his own mess, and also how to look up how to clean up messes. It was good.


Guess who asked Dad to buy Mom
Valentine's flowers when they were out?

Then at worship practice the songs were so perfect for today. Great is Thy Faithfulness is a good way to end tonight.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
Refrain
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Refrain
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Refrain

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have good days no matter WHAT is going on!! I love that about you. I don’t mean you just ignore the trials...but you surely find joy THROUGH them!! Have FUN at the wedding! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful mother, thank you for the updates, GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!

    ReplyDelete