Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Back in the "Classroom" for Me!

I am more than half way done with an online course I started back before I was diagnosed in November. I took the Substitute Authorization class coming up on three years ago, just a bit BEFORE they changed the expiration to FIVE years until you need to take 2 credits of continuing ed. So my expiration date is only THREE years after my initial training and is to expire at the end of March.

I went online this past weekend only to find out that my time had expired. Thankfully all it took was a quick email to Grant Wood AEA to let them know that I have been distracted with cancer treatments and they were happy to extend my time for me. The class I am taking is Google Aps 101! Yes...I know, but listing through the options, after the obvious class for substitute teachers, (only 1 credit) this was the only thing I found that would actually be useful.

It has been somewhat useful. The couple of committees that I am currently on use Google Drive so I can truthfully say that I am using this in real life! Since I am not in a classroom I have found it interesting doing some of the assignments. I have put many of my contacts into my gmail account and been using some of the documents generated by the committees I mentioned above. However, today when I was supposed to make a spreadsheet and embed a chart into it...well, I realize, I make a lot of spreadsheets but not many that include a whole lot of data to chart.

Since I am supposed to also include it into my website, I am letting you all see some of my work. This is a silly spreadsheet with a chart that I am going to embed right here into this blog today. That way I can end this section and say I did my homework! Sorry, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the "Quarters" turn up in the headings so you will have to dock me a little for that. Or, if you know, just comment below and that will be "collaboration"! I used to be a teacher that had to keep a grade book can you tell? None of these children are real. I just sat here and made them all up. Because I went through every single one of the spreadsheets I have ever made on this computer and none of them have data. Not graphable data.

I have come to one conclusion...I make an awful lot of to-do lists and directories with names and addresses!

(Please feel free to comment below if you would like to OOOH and AAAAH over my great chart!)

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :0)

    ReplyDelete