Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, June 4, 2018

Update: Let There Be Light

I can not leave this space! David made a wonderful addition to my creating space downstairs and I will take a few minutes to update you about what is going on down there! When we moved in there were two eight foot florescent light fixtures in the middle of the unfinished area. The kids set up the Lego table under them and they did all kinds of other playing in that area of the basement. After four years, the bulbs one by one burned out and they were no longer giving any light.

I asked David if the fixtures could be moved (one across and above my cutting table and the other up across and above the table where my machines were). He didn't think that would be a big deal and so he with the help of some of the boys, moved them right where I needed them. We then went to get new bulbs. No luck, the fixtures seemed to be bad. But David, knowing so much more than I do without having to YouTube it, knew there were a few things that he could try so I left it to him to figure it out.

Having a large garage with a ba-zillion eight foot florescent light fixtures, he was able to test the balists. I knew nothing about that and as you can see, I hardly know how to spell it - but then spell check doesn't either so I will just leave it at that. I was out one evening last week and came back to David asking me to go downstairs and check it out.

Well, if you have ever heard "let their be light" in any other context besides "in the beginning", there is no comparison. Seriously, I can not get myself to leave down there and it isn't even all organized and clean! I have never had such good lighting in any area I have ever worked in. I attribute my ability to crank out creativity this past week to this very thing.

You can also see a few more fabric bins on my shelves so that is a great thing that I have been able to accomplish too. Still a ways to go as far as the organizing and purging, but things are coming right along. So, as an update of my creative space, I am happy to say, there is light. It is a happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment