Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Spring Break

We got back on Wednesday from Wisconsin Dells. We spent four days and three nights there with my brother and his family. We attempted this a couple years ago and had a great time so we thought we would do it again. This time we tried a different water park The Great Wolf Lodge. It was nice. The rooms weren't the greatest but we got a Groupon deal so we took it. I think when we go back next time, we will split a condo that has a full kitchen and lots of sleeping space.

As much as I would have liked to have a bunch of pictures at the water park, I ended up leaving my phone up in the room for the most part so I didn't lose it or have it stolen when I wasn't as the table with our stuff. The kids would definitely recommend the park. There were two big slides that you go down in inner tubes, A couple that the kids would call "like at the swimming pool" where you just go up and slide down. There was a very fun body slide where you go down on a mat head first on your belly. I got to do some relaxing pool side with my current read "Team of Rivals".

Mille Bourne madness!
The favorite of all was the tornado. Jonah was still just at the line and so he was the only one who didn't get to go down. I will tell you at first, I was a little scared as I waited in line and heard the screams as people would go down. It is a four person tube and it drops what feels pretty straight down right at the start. My first time down I ended up being the one going backwards so that was a little unnerving. But, it was VERY fun. You get shot out into the huge drum going back and forth until you get to the bottom. If it wasn't for the heavy tube to carry up the stairs I would have gone on it more. With Syler and Ryan it was nice since they were able to carry it.

We did make it out to dinner once at MACS
We all got good arm workouts carrying the tubes! The wave pool was a favorite too along with the hot tub. There really was a very wide range of choices and there were very few times that it was crowded. We ate our meals in the room with a mini fridge and (mini) microwave. Walking tacos, sloppy joes, veggies and fruit along with the typical chips and cracker kind of snacks. It was a nice get away!

We couldn't go to the Dells without a trip to the arcade and I did get some pictures there!


Ryan, Syler and Zach find their way out
of the escape room
Matt wins a Pikachu first try on the
claw machine!


Life size Space Invaders
The girls give it a try
Look out for this gang!


It was good to get out of town for a few days. It wasn't too busy this spring break and there were rarely long lines. It was even pretty relaxing. (Most of the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment